Vancouver Eastside 10k is proud to be working with four key partners that are working hard every day, supporting our community.
- Downtown Eastside Women's Centre
- Watari Counselling & Support Services
- Greater Vancouver Food Bank
- Breakfast Club of Canada
Two ways that you can help:
- Start online fundraising with your registration for the event. See below for links to sign up and create your own online fundraising campaign in support of one of our four charity partners. Together with 2Mevents, you will be able to solicit donations for the charity you are running in support of. Fundraising will remain open until Sunday, October 2 at midnight.
- Food and goods donation at packet pickup and at the event. Our charity partners help with urgent and daily need in our community, assisting people in many ways. At the event packet pickup and on the day of the event, we will be collecting food and goods. New items only please.
- Canned Fish: Tuna or Salmon
- Canned Meat: Chicken or Turkey
- Canned Beans: Black, Chickpea, and Kidney
- Hearty Meals: Soups, Stews, and Chili
- Nut Butters: 100% Natural Almond, Cashew, and Peanut
- Pasta: Brown or White
- Rice: Brown or White
- Canned Vegetables: Beans, Corn, Peas, and Tomatoes
- Canned Fruit: Packed in its own juice or water
- Breakfast Cereals: Whole grain
- Toothbrushes, Toothpaste
- Bar Soap
- Travel sized Shampoo / Conditioner
- Undergarments, Tights, Underwear
- Feminine Hygiene Products
Pledge a Participant or Team!
Know someone participating? Seach here to find their personal or team Fundraising Page.
Log in to your Fundraising Page!
If you registered for the run and created a Fundraising Page, please click here to log in to your online profile.
Already Registered? Don't have a Fundraising Page?
Make a One-time Donation in support of one of the Official Charities
Not participating in this event? Help make a difference and support the efforts of one of the official charities by making a one-time donation to DEWC, Watari, Greater Vancouver Food Bank, or Breakfast Club of Canada.
Fundraising will remain open until Sunday, October 2 at midnight.
About our Charity Partners
Downtown Eastside Women's Centre
The Downtown Eastside Women's Centre has been providing basic needs and positive change for women and children in Vancouver's downtown eastside since 1978. We assist 500 people daily with a safe, non-judgmental, low-barrier environment for women from all walks of life, who live and/or work in the downtown eastside. High levels of violence, homelessness, addictions and poverty characterize this community where women and children are particularly vulnerable to exploitation, injustice and injury. Our centre and shelter provide supportive surroundings with meals, counseling, advocacy and programs which nurture and empower members, and our drop-in centre has been identified by women of the downtown eastside as one of the safest places in the community.
Watari Counselling & Support Services
Established in 1986 in a response to a lack of services and programs for street involved peoples, Watari Counseling & Support Services aims to facilitate positive change in at-risk children, youth, families and communities through the design and delivery of innovative services. Invested in creating space for change we are guided by a belief in the individual's innate strengths, capabilities and desire for wellness.
Working within a community-development model to address locally identified needs, Watari services focus primarily on populations affected by substance misuse or mental health issues. Other related service areas include family strengthening, cultural enrichment, and community/public education projects. With 24 full-time employees and a volunteer Board of Directors, Watari operates five on-going programs at its two locations in East Vancouver, in addition to three short-term special projects that operate throughout the community.
Greater Vancouver Food Bank
The Greater Vancouver Food Bank (GVFB) is a non-profit organization with a mission to empower people to nourish themselves by providing access to healthy food, education and training. The GVFB provides assistance to over 26,500 people weekly through 14 food locations and close to 100 and community agencies located in Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster and North Vancouver. The GVFB is committed to its vision of accessible, healthy and sustainable food for all and through community collaboration, is pro-actively working to help end hunger.
Breakfast Club of Canada
- $1 feeds 1 child breakfast for a day
- $165 feeds 1 child breakfast for a year
- $10,000 feeds a school for a year
- You can be part of the solution
Breakfast Club of Canada is a non-profit organization that provides funding, equipment, food, training and support to school breakfast programs across the country. We are built on the dream that one day, all Canadian children and youth have an equal chance to succeed by starting their day with a nutritious breakfast in a safe and supportive environment. We believe that as a community, we must ensure all students have the right to thrive, learn, dream, and grow to their full potential.
Engaging the Community
We want the Vancouver Eastside 10k to be a strong success for everyone involved as we launch the event and work together with our community. We will only be featuring the four charity partners above at the event, with support both in fundraising and goods collected.
We want to hear from you, are you a charity working in the area? Do you have a community group or running club in our neighbourhood? Do you have a business that is on the route and interested in supporting the event?
Email us at , tell us about yourself and let's talk about how we can get you involved. Some ideas would be discounted entries for charities, community groups and clubs in the community. Supporting your organization's clients to run in the event or training programs in the community and area are other options. We are also happy to promote local businesses to the event participants to support them pre / post run.
The Eastside 10k isn't only about running — it's about our community, and our people.