Run Information 2016
- Run Day Schedule 2016
- Packet Pickup
- Getting There & Parking
- Baggage Check
- Start Line
- Course Descriptions & Maps
- Course Restrictions
- Kids Run
- Finish Line
- Post-race Party Site
- Charity Info
- Water Stations
- Medical Information
- Entertainment & Cheering Sections
- "I ♥ High Park" Pancake Breakfast
- Souvenir Shirt
- Finisher Medal & iTab
- Tips on how to run the Spring Run-Off 8k
- Environmental Responsibility
Run Day Schedule 2016 (subject to change)
|8:30am||Baggage Check opens|
|8:30–9:45am||8k Packet Pickup and Bib Pickup|
|10:00am||Toronto Spring Run-Off 8k start|
|10:05–11:00am||5k Packet Pickup and Bib Pickup|
|10:45am–12:30pm||"I ♥ High Park" Pancake Breakfast|
|11:15am||Toronto Spring Run-Off 5k run/walk start|
|11:45am||Kids Run 800m|
|11:50am||8k & 5k Awards and Fundraising Ceremony|
Packet Pickup will be on Thursday, TBA and Friday, TBA, 2016, 12:00–7:00pm (subject to change)
IMPORTANT! BIB NUMBER and CORRAL COLOUR will be provided to you in our last minute information e-mail on Tuesday, TBA, 2016 at 12pm EST. Please bring a printout of your last minute information e-mail with your bib number OR original registration email confirmation AND/OR a piece of photo ID to packet pickup.
A friend or family member can pick up your packet provided they:
- know your bib number and have a letter or e-mail giving them permission to pick-up your race kit OR
- have your confirmation email
Bib numbers will be posted on the website on Tuesday, TBA, 2016.
Click here for more information on how to donate your new or slightly used shoes
BibTag Instructions — PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Your timing chip or "bibTag" is placed on the back of your race bib. It must be correctly worn for your race time to be accurately captured.
- Do not remove the "bibTag" or foam spacer from your bib.
- Do not fold your bib or excessively bend or twist the "bibTag".
- Wear your bib on your chest/abdomen. Do not wear on your back, side, leg or arm.
Getting There & Parking
Please note that parking is NOT available within High Park on race day and the park will be closed to vehicles from 5:30am–2:00pm. We strongly encourage you use the TTC to get to the park on race day.
We strongly encourage participants to travel to the event using public transit. The High Park subway station is within 200m of the finish line. Visit the TTC website for more information: www3.ttc.ca and check out their Trip Planner at www.ttc.ca/Trip_planner/.
LIMITED parking is available on the streets outside the park and will be enforced on race day — be sure to obey all parking signs.
For a list of Green P parking lots in the area, visit http://parking.greenp.com.
Location of Baggage Check on race day:
- 8k Baggage will be divided into 4 – 10x20 sections just south of the Black Oak Café on West Rd
- 5k Baggage will be divided into 3 – 10x20 sections just south of the Black Oak Café on West Rd
Here are the rules for HSRO baggage check:
- Use your Spring Run-Off Race Kit Bag you receive at packet pickup as your Baggage bag!
- If you pickup your packet on race day and can't use the packet pickup bag we give you, you can check-in a knapsack or smaller.
- Volunteers will provide you with a luggage tag at baggage check on race day. The Baggage Check Volunteers will attach the luggage tag to your bag and write your bib# on the tag prior to checking it in.
- We strongly recommend that you leave your valuables at home! The Toronto Spring Run-Off is not responsible for lost or stolen property, including any and all property checked at the baggage check-in.
- Donate what you can to the Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation! Volunteers from PMCF will be at baggage check with donation bins to collect any donations you would like to contribute towards their fundraising goal of over $250,000 this year!
Click here for more information on how to donate your new or slightly used shoes
8k Start line location — On Colborne Lodge Drive, just north of the tennis courts and swimming pools
5k Start line location — On West Road, north of the Grenadier Restaurant. 5k participants, please stay off the course/road while the 8k race is underway. The course marshals will inform you when it is time to enter the start corrals.
8k and 5k participants will be organized in coloured corrals at the start line based on expected finishing time.
Elite Athletes: Will start at the front of the corrals, as Open & Masters prizing will be awarded based on the official gun time. The official times will be recorded from the start of the race, indicated by the air horn, to the point where the participant crosses the finish line. Elite athlete information can be found here.
Competitive Age Category Runners: Age category prizing will be awarded based on chip time, the time from when the participant crosses the start line to the point where the participant crosses the finish line.
8k Corral Times
5k Corral Times
|< 39 minutes||< 28 minutes|
|40-44 minutes||29-34 minutes|
|45-49 minutes||35-44 minutes|
|50-59 minutes||45-60 minutes|
|+1:00 hour||+1:01 hour|
On race morning you will look for the flag with the colour that corresponds to the stripe on your bib.
Course Descriptions & Maps
8k Course (10:00am)
An 8k loop over the scenic, traffic-free, paved roads of High Park. Starts on Colborne Lodge Drive, between the Schoolhouse and the Grenadier Café.
5k Course (11:15am—Walk or Run)
Starts on West Road, curves around Grenadier Café, north on Colborne Lodge Dr., west on West road, moves onto the path towards Grenadier Pond and follows the 8k route for the remainder. Ideal for casual walkers and joggers, as well as serious competitors. ChampionChip timing for all.
8k Map (740 KB)
5k Map (690 KB)
8k: maximum 2400 participants
5k: maximum 2000 participants
Kids Run: maximum 200 participants
Toronto Spring Run-off is a beautiful run through High Park, however the narrow roads and pathways make the course suitable for runners and walkers only. For the safety of all participants, baby backpacks, skateboards, roller blades, Kangoo Jump shoes, animals and unauthorized bicycles & wheeled devices are not permitted in the race.
Nordic Pole participants are welcome; please click here for more info.
Baby Strollers are welcome in the 5k event ONLY; please click here for more info.
If you are visually impaired and would like to be matched with a guide runner, please contact Achilles Canada at www.achillescanada.ca.
8k — time limit to complete the course is 1 hour 15 minutes
5k — time limit to complete the course is 1 hour 15 minutes
Kids Run (ages 5-13)
Returning this year is the Kids Run (800m) at Toronto Spring Run-Off, for ages 5 to 13.
- Start time: 11:45am
- Cost: $15 (includes kid's bib, parent's bib, kid's shirt & finisher ribbon) for all on line entries or $20 (includes kid's bib, parent's bib, kid's shirt & finisher ribbon) for all in store entries made during Packet Pick Up
- All Kids Run participants will receive a Finisher's ribbon upon completion of the event. This is NOT a timed event.
Start line is the same as the 5k start on West Road, finish line is at the skating rink on Colborne Lodge Drive.
Please note — all children must be picked up by an adult at the finish area, following the guidelines below:
- All children will receive 2 identical bibs.
- One bib MUST be worn by the child participating.
- The second bib MUST be worn by the adult accompanying or picking up the child at the finish area.
- These procedures are in place for the safety of your children. Please respect our event staff as they take the time to check this at the finish area.
Note: Kids Run bibs & shirts can be picked up on race day at the Packet Pickup area.
Click here for Kids Run map (640 KB)
8k & 5k finish lines are at the same location — on Colborne Lodge Drive, just south of the Bloor St park entrance.
Post-race Party Site
All runners, family and friends are welcome to get together at the post-race party site! Celebrate the run with a great "I ♥ High Park" pancake breakfast, awards ceremony as well as plenty of post-race food and drinks. Spend some time visiting the various sponsor tents on site featuring The Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation, Oasis Juice and PowerBar.
Once again, CRS will be selling off race shirts from past years' events. Get yours for $5/each or 3 for $10 (cash only).
- Pre-race: At the Party Site located next to the Black Oak Café on the west side of West Road
- On course: 8k — near the 4k & 6k marks; 5k — near the 1k & 3k marks
- Post-race: at the Finish Line and at the Party Site.
Port-o-Lets will be provided in the following locations:
- Next to the Black Oak Café on the west side of West Road
- North of the skating rink on the west side of Colborne Lodge Drive
- North of the 5k start line on the west side of West Road
To avoid lengthy lineups and stress, please give yourself ample time to use the facilities.
Members of the Canadian Ski Patrol System will be on course and will be located at the finish line medical tent to provide first responder support.
A Toronto Paramedic Services vehicle will be stationed at the finish line.
Entertainment & Cheering Sections
Tribe Fitness #KillTheHill Ultimate Cheer Station:
We've got spirit, yeah we do! We got spirit, how 'bout you?
Are you bringing your family and friends to cheer you on at Toronto Spring Run-Off? Tell them to get those cheer signs, noise makers, and pom poms ready!
Following the start of the race, join the Cheer Station crew along Spring Road Hill (immediately before the finish line) to cheer on family, friends, local run crews, and random strangers up the most challenging hill in High Park.
"I ♥ High Park" Pancake Breakfast
Councillor Sarah Doucette flipping and serving pancakes at last year's Toronto Spring Run-Off
Enjoy a delicious post-run "I ♥ High Park" pancake breakfast — with Councillor Sarah Doucette doing the flipping! — compliments of the Grenadier Café. Pancake tickets are $3.00 each with all proceeds going to the High Park Nature Centre: www.highparknaturecentre.com.
Tickets can be purchased on-line or on race day at the "I ♥ High Park" pancake breakfast tent. Pancakes will be served in the party site area from 10:45am to 12:30pm.