Run Information 2016
- Run Day Schedule
- Course Description & Map
- Interactive Course Map
- Expo and Race Week Packet Pickup and Walk Up Registration
- Runners' Yoga with Heather Gardner at the Toronto Waterfront 10 Expo
- Getting There & Parking
- Shuttle Buses back to the start for only $5!
- Baggage Check
- Start Line
- Course Restrictions
- Finish Line & Post-race Area
- Carnival “Rio Send-Off” for Reid, Eric and Krista!
- Water Stations
- Medical Services
- Entertainment and Cheering Centres
- Souvenir Shirt
- Finisher Medal
- Environmental Responsibility
- Road Closures
Start Time 7:30am
|6:00–7:15am||Baggage Check, University Ave. at Armoury St. — east side of University Ave.|
|6:00–7:00am||Run day Packet Pickup for out of towners, University Ave. north of Queen St., and walk up registration|
|7:25am||Handcycle Race starts|
|7:30am||Red Corral starts|
|7:35am||Yellow Corral starts|
|7:40am||Blue Corral starts|
|7:45am||Green Corral starts|
|7:50am||Purple Corral starts|
|7:55am||Orange Corral starts (WALKERS)|
Course Description & Map
Course certified accurate by Athletics Canada for the IAAF. ON-2016-004-DRY
Course Map (2.5 MB)
- Starts on University Ave. north of Queen St.
- South on University/York to Bremner Blvd.
- West on Bremner Blvd. to Rees St.
- South on Rees St. to Lakeshore Blvd. W.
- West on Lakeshore Blvd W. to turnaround at/near Boulevard Club
- East on Lakeshore Blvd. to finish line, at Newfoundland Rd.
- Post race area at The Gore (Lakeshore & Strachan)
Elevation Map (click to enlarge):
Interactive Course Map
Canada Running Series is very excited to announce our continued partnership with racePOINT, an interactive map for participants, spectators, and residents of Toronto.
Participants can plan their race! See where the water stations are located, km markers, Medical Tents, Cheer Sites, Key Areas in the pre & post-race area, etc.
Spectators can figure out where to cheer on their loved ones! Click to Cheer Sites to see where to join one of our two official entertainment and cheering sites!
Spectators, participants and Toronto residents can use the "Closures" tab to see what roads will be closed that day and at what times! Click the "Show Closures by Time" button and then drag the slider at the bottom to change the map time. You'll see red lines appear on certain roads that will be closed at that time for the race.
St. Lawrence Market — North Market Temporary Tent, 125 The Esplanade
Wednesday, June 22, 12–8pm
Thursday, June 23, 12–8pm
We will be accepting walk up registrations at the Help Desk. Walk up registration fee is $70 (including all taxes and processing fees). An additional $10 will be added for 10k with baby stroller.
IMPORTANT! BIB NUMBER and CORRAL COLOUR will be provided to you in our last minute information e-mail on Tuesday, June 21, 2016 at 12pm EST. Please bring a printout of your last minute information e-mail with your bib number OR original registration email confirmation AND/OR a piece of photo ID to packet pickup.
A friend or family member can pick up your packet provided they:
- know your bib number and have a letter or e-mail giving them permission to pick-up your race kit OR
- have your confirmation email
Click here for more information on how to donate your new or slightly used shoes
BibTag Instructions — PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Your timing chip or "bibTag" is placed on the back of your race bib. It must be correctly worn for your race time to be accurately captured.
- Do not remove the "bibTag" or foam spacer from your bib.
- Do not fold your bib or excessively bend or twist the "bibTag".
- Wear your bib on your chest/abdomen. Do not wear on your back, side, leg or arm.
Runners' Yoga with Heather Gardner at the Toronto Waterfront 10 Expo
Join New Balance ambassador and founder of Tribe Fitness Heather Gardner for a pre-race yoga class which will have you stretched out and ready for race day.
Calm your mind and relax your body with a 30 minute yoga session, then pick-up your Toronto Waterfront 10 race kit and browse the expo.
We are offering 4 free classes over Wednesday June 22 and Thursday June 23 at the following times:
- Wednesday, June 22, 6:00–6:30pm
- Wednesday, June 22, 7:00–7:30pm
- Thursday, June 23, 6:00–6:30pm
- Thursday, June 23, 7:00–7:30pm
All classes will take place at the St. Lawrence Market, North Market Temporary Tent, 125 The Esplanade.
You can sign up for the class of your choice via this link! Please note space is limited to 20 people per class and you must sign up to join us.
Mats will be provided and there will be post-yoga treats from PowerBar Canada.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Getting There & Parking
Arrive EARLY! Plan to arrive at least one hour prior to the start of the race. With the amount of people participating, everything from toilets to baggage check will take longer.
Easiest way to get to the start — take the TTC!
START LINE IS LOCATED RIGHT OUTSIDE OSGOODE STATION AT UNIVERSITY & QUEEN.
Recommended Parking Locations:
Nathan Phillips Square Green P lot.
For other Green P lots in the area, please visit their website for more information: http://parking.greenp.com
Shuttle buses AFTER YOU FINISH THE RACE back up to the START AREA of the Toronto Waterfront 10 for only $5!
Cost: $5 and you can add it to your entry when you register for the event!
Shuttle bus tickets will only be sold online until Sunday, June 19, 2016 at midnight. After this date, payment will only be taken at race week packet pickup or on race day (cash only).
What you need to board the bus:
- Shuttle bus ticket (emailed to you during race week) OR
- Email confirmation/Proof of purchase
Board Finish Shuttle Bus: Post Race Area — Fort York Blvd East Side
If you missed purchasing the shuttle bus ticket while signing up, you can add this to your event registration by contacting Race Roster at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 855-969-5515.
Baggage Check at the Toronto Waterfront 10
Location of Baggage Check on race day:
5 large school buses will be lined up on University Ave. at Armoury St. — east side of University Ave.
Baggage Check Drop-off: 6:00–7:15am
Baggage Check Pick-up: 8:00–10:15am (Located in the Post-race Party Site)
You will need to check your bag in at the bus that corresponds to your bib number (check the large signs in front of the buses to figure out which one is yours!)
TORONTO WATERFRONT 10 BAGGAGE CHECK RULES:
You MUST use your kit bag as your Baggage Bag! ABSOLUTELY NO other bags will be accepted.
*The kit bag is the size required so that all bags checked on race day can fit in the buses and get to you at the finish line!
- If you pickup your packet on race day, you will need to transfer your items into your newly acquired kit bag (we recommend that anyone planning on checking a bag on race day pick up their race packet prior to race day to avoid delays).
- You will receive a sticker in your bib envelope that corresponds to your bib number. You will need to affix the sticker to your bag in the box marked “AFFIX BAGGAGE STICKER HERE” on your bag:
- We strongly recommend that you leave your valuables at home! The Toronto Waterfront 10 is not responsible for lost or stolen property, including any and all property checked at the baggage check-in.
Start line location: On University Avenue, North of Queen Street
- Please make sure to arrive early and get organized.
- Participants will be assigned to coloured corrals based on their expected finishing time.
- There will be coloured flags at the start line to indicate the entrance to each corral. Proceed to the flag that corresponds to the coloured stripe on your bib.
- ALL PARTICIPANTS must be in their corrals by 7:30am.
- You will only be allowed to enter the corral that corresponds with the stripe on your bib, with the exception of the purple corral which is open to everyone.
- The orange corral is for participants who will be walking 100% of the course.
- Corrals will start 5 minutes apart to maximize the amount of space participants have at the start, on course and at the finish line.
- There will be volunteers holding a rope between each corral. The volunteers will guide each corral forward to the start line, the rope holders will move out of the way and you will be signaled to start.
- Competitive Age Category Runners: Awards will be based on Chip Time.
- If a corral change is required, send an email to before May 23, 2016 or visit the HELP DESK at packet pickup or on race day.
**Corral times subject to change**
|< 49 minutes|
For the safety of all participants, baby carriers, skateboards, roller blades, Kangoo Jump shoes, animals and unauthorized bicycles and wheeled devices are not permitted in any of the Canada Running Series races. You will NOT be permitted to start the race.
Children: Everyone participating in this event MUST be registered, including children. We highly recommend that children under the age of 12 are accompanied by an adult over the age of 18. This is for the safely of the child, due to the fact that this event has approximately 7000 participants.
If you are visually impaired and would like to be matched with a guide runner, please contact Achilles Canada at www.achillescanada.ca.
The time limit to complete the 10k course is 1 hour 40 minutes. If you are still on the course after this time you will be asked to move to the sidewalk and become an informed pedestrian.
The finish line will be located on Lake Shore Blvd.
In order to decrease congestion for the participants in the finish area, we encourage you to make arrangements to meet your runner(s) at the Friends & Family Meeting Zone located in the post-race area.
Friends & Family Meeting Zone — Pick a letter to meet at based on the following flag breakdown:
A-B C-D E-H I-L M-N O-R S-T U-Z
Carnival “Rio Send-Off” for Reid, Eric and Krista!
Canada Running Series and the Toronto running community will be giving Reid Coolsaet, Eric Gillis and Krista DuChene a “Rio Send-Off” in style with a post-race carnival following Toronto Waterfront 10.
Brazilian drummers Batucada Carioca with Maninho Costa and samba dancers from AfroLatino Dance Company will create a carnival atmosphere on the Gore Lot at Exhibition Place from 8:45am to 9:15am.
The carnival will conclude with our 3 Rio-qualified athletes being drummed up to the stage where they will each be presented with a Canadian flag, signed by Toronto well-wishers. Runners will be able to sign the flags at the Race Expo and Packet Pick-Up on Wednesday and Thursday at St. Lawrence Market, temporary North Building.
The flags will then be presented on stage, on Race Day by Hon Peter Fonseca M.P. [a 1996 Canadian Olympic marathoner] and the Brazilian Consul General in Toronto.
The athletes will also be available post-race for photos and autographs at the Canadian Olympic Foundation booth.
Grandpa Ken’s Back Bacon Sandwiches
Enjoy the amazing post-race food at the Toronto Waterfront 10 this weekend!
In addition to the post-race snacks all runners will receive, you can also purchase some delicious items from Grandpa Ken's Famous Back Bacon! These include:
- Grandpa Ken's Famous Back Bacon on a Bun — $6.00
- Texas Beef Burger — $6.00
- Texas Banquet Burger — $8.00 (with cheese and Peameal)
Grandpa Ken will be located to your left, after you exit the finish chute at Lake Shore Blvd. West and Strachan Ave.
Water & Gatorade will be available at the following locations:
- Start Line Area
- On-course — 2 water stations available
- Finish Line
- Party Site
Will be located at the start and finish areas, and at the on-course water stations.
Odyssey Medical will provide medical services on course and at the finish line medical tent.
City of Toronto Paramedic Services will have a dedicated unit on the course and at the finish line.
Warm Weather Running Tips
Be sure to plan ahead and be prepared for the warm weather this weekend.
Here are some tips to stay hydrated and healthy:
- Prepare and come to the race hydrated.
- Acclimatize to physical activity before race weekend.
- Drink enough water to your level of thirst but do NOT over drink! Maintain a balance of fluid intake and replacing electrolytes.
- Please pace yourself and walk/run based on how you are feeling. Listen to your body.
Entertainment and Cheering Centres
There will be 2 official Entertainment and Cheering Centres at the Toronto Waterfront 10 and all spectators are welcome to join!
- Tribe Fitness Cheer Station at 5.5k and 8.5k, Lake Shore Blvd. West and BC Drive
This cheer station will bring a splash to the Waterfront 10 race experience! With a focus on summer, water and fun, Tribe will bring their energy and enthusiasm to motivate, inspire and cool down runners along the race route.
- Pace & Mind Cheer Station at 7k, in front of Palais Royale
Pace & Mind will be teaming up with Toronto radio station Indie88 to bring you some rockin' tunes and a fun party atmosphere to help motivate you through the last kilometres of your race!
2016 Souvenir Shirt
All registrants will receive a souvenir shirt!
2016 Finisher Medal & iTab
Customize your Toronto Waterfront 10 finisher's medal with your very own name and finishing time! Pre-order your engraved iTab online on our registration page or here if you've already registered. On completion of the Race, you will receive your iTaB by mail, which fits neatly into a recess on your Medal.