For over 30 years The Red Door Family Shelter has been on the front lines of delivering support services to women and children fleeing violence, to refugees, and to homeless families in Toronto and the GTA. Every year we help over 500 families by providing emergency shelter and supportive programs to help them heal and rebuild their lives.
On any given night over 50% of our residents are children. Children and Youth are the most vulnerable casualties of homelessness. Taking care of a child's emotional and psychological well-being is a high priority for us at the Red Door.
Join us on April 19th to raise money for the programs that we provide for children to help them overcome the effects of homeless and abuse. Run with Team Red Door to help provide homeless children with happy and healthy memories to carry with them into their new lives.
Learn more about our Children's Programs.
How you can help
Fundraise and RUN FOR FREE
Fundraise for Red Door! Collect pledges from your family, friends and colleagues in support of Children and the Red Door. As a bonus, when you raise a minimum of $100, you'll receive a reimbursement for your race entry fee! It's win–win!
To register as a fundraiser on Team Red Door just follow these 5 easy steps:
- Register for the Race and use the discount code 15TYSRD (if you have already registered, you can still sign-up to fundraise)
- Visit reddoorshelter.ca/10k/fundraising to set up your fundraising page
- Collect your pledges
- Lace up and Run for Red Door on April 19th
- If you raised $100 or more, contact by April 30th with a link to your Fundraising page and you'll receive a reimbursement or receive a tax receipt (should you choose to donate your registration fee) in the mail.
Don't have time to fundraise?
We can still use your help! Make a top-up donation when you register for the race, or sponsor our team with a pledge of support. All donations of $10 or more will receive an instant charitable tax receipt.
- $10 — Provides TTC tickets and lunch for a child to attend a recreational day outing
- $25 — Provides arts and crafts supplies for a child to let their creativity flow
- $50 — Provides a child with nutritious school lunches for 1 month
- $100 — Funds an art therapy class to provide emotional support for a child or teen
- $250 — Funds a play day for our children's program
Collecting your pledges through a Canada Helps online giving page is easy. Just send your personal fundraising page link to your supporters and they can make a secure donation online that will count toward your goal.
If you prefer to collect cash and cheque pledges you can use our offline pledge form. Remember, the deadline to qualify for your registration fee reimbursement is April 30th. Please return all pledges and your completed pledge form before this date to ensure that you are eligible.
Send all collected funds with your completed form to:
Red Door Family Shelter
21 Carlaw Ave
Toronto, ON M4M 2R6
If you any questions about fundraising or setting up your online fundraising page, we're happy to help!
Contact: Mark Zurawinski, Fundraising Coordinator — 416-915-5671 x232,
Community Education Services CANADA
Donate your seconds for athletes
who only dream of their first
CES Canada provides secondary school education for youth orphaned and affected by HIV/AIDS living in Kenya.
Drop off your new or slightly used running shoes at packet pick-up (on the days leading up to the race) or at baggage check on race day. CES Canada will send them to runners in Kenya who cannot afford a decent pair of training footwear.