Run Information 2014
- Runners United in Support
- Run Day Schedule
- Packet Pickup & Mini-Expo
- Getting There & Parking
- Shuttle Buses to the start for only $5!
- Baggage Check
- Start Line
- Course Description & Map
- Course Restrictions
- Finish Line & Post-race Area
- Post-race Party Site
- Water Stations
- Medical Services
- Entertainment and Cheering Centres
- Souvenir Shirts
- Finisher Medal
- Environmental Responsibility
- Race Etiquette
- Road Closures
Runners United in Support
Download a copy of the Runners United in Support bib to support those affected by the events that took place in Boston: download here (PDF file).
Start Time 9:00am
|7:30am–8:40am||Baggage Check, on Yonge St. at Sheldrake|
|7:30am–8:40am||Run day Packet Pickup for out of towners outside of Running Room at Yonge & Sheldrake|
|8:55am||Handcycle Race starts|
|9:00am||1st wave starts (Red Corral)|
|9:05am||2nd wave starts (Yellow Corral)|
|9:10am||3rd wave starts (Blue Corral)|
|9:15am||4th wave starts (Green Corral)|
|9:20am||5th wave starts (Purple Corral)|
|9:25am||6th wave starts (Orange Corral — WALKERS)|
Featuring Running Room, Powerbar, Gatorade & more...
Sheraton Centre Downtown Toronto
123 Queen Street West
Halls E and F, Lower Level
Friday, April 11, 11am–7pm
Saturday, April 12, 10am–5pm
Bib Number Look Up (PDF)
You will need your bib number and a piece of photo ID to pick-up your race kit. You do NOT require your email confirmation.
A friend or family member can pick up your packet provided they:
- have your bib number and a letter or e-mail giving them permission to pick-up your race kit OR
- have your confirmation email
Corral Changes and Participant Transfers will now have to be made at the Help Desk at Packet Pickup or on Race Morning. Only the new participant will be required to come to packet pickup with the original registrant's bib number and a letter or e-mail giving him or her permission to run in their place. The new participant will need to first pick up the original registrants race kit and take it over to the Help Desk to have transferred over.
Mylaps BIBTAG Timing system used at the Toronto Yonge Street 10k
The Toronto Yonge Street 10k will use the Mylaps BIBTAG Timing system. This means you only have to pick up your BIB at packet-pick-up/registration; this timing chip is embedded in your bib number. On race day, you should wear your bib #/BIBTAG on the front of your shirt. For optimum performance DO NOT bend, fold or mutilate your bibtag! And remember, now it's "NO BIB = NO TIME!"
To read more about the latest technology coming to Canada with the Mylaps BIBTAG and Sportstats Timing company, click here.
BibTag Instructions — PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Your timing chip or "bibTag" is placed on the back of your race bib. It must be correctly worn for your race time to be accurately captured.
- Do not remove the "bibTag" or foam spacer from your bib.
- Do not fold your bib or excessively bend or twist the "bibTag".
- Wear your bib on your chest/abdomen. Do not wear on your back, side, leg or arm.
Arrive EARLY! Plan to arrive at least one hour prior to the start of the race. With the amount of people participating, everything from toilets to baggage check will take longer. We recommend that you use TTC, carpool or call a taxi as there is limited parking on the side streets surrounding the Yonge & Eglinton area.
Green P parking lots are available in the area. Visit the website for more information: http://parking.greenp.com
Parking is available on the side streets and will be enforced on race day — be sure to obey all parking signs. AFTER the race, take our shuttle bus for only $5 from the finish line back to the start line. See below for detailed shuttle bus information.
Don't have access to a ride or public transport? Have extra space in your vehicle? Want to save some $ on parking fees? Then consider using PickupPal and help reduce your carbon footprint! It's free and exclusive to all CRS events. You can EITHER ask for or offer a ride.
Start of the race shuttle buses:
Shuttle bus tickets will only be sold online before March 26, 2014 at midnight. After this date, payment will only be taken at race week packet pickup or on race day.
Parking for the shuttle bus to the start:
Where to Park & Board the shuttle buses to the Start of the Race
Park: FIRST COME FIRST SERVE — Ontario Place Parking Lot 2 ($5 charge applies — CASH ONLY)
We strongly request that people carpool as there are less than 800 parking spots available and 1,000 people signed up for the shuttle.
If parking lot fills up, there is parking at the Direct Energy Centre across the street for $14
Board Shuttle: Ontario Place, Parking Lot 2A off of Ontario Place Blvd south of Lakeshore & Newfoundland Drive in Ontario Place grounds (click to enlarge map):
What you need to board the bus:
- Email confirmation OR
- Proof of purchase (Email from Brenden, confirmation from Eventsonline) OR
- Your photo ID
Shuttle bus to start schedule
7:00–7:30am SHUTTLE BUS:
- EVERYONE picking up their bib & kit bag on race day OR
- Checking in their bag at the start line on race morning.
Packet pickup & baggage check will close at 8:40am sharp. If you take a bus later than 7:30am you will miss picking up your packet and you will not be able to drop off your bag!
7:45am SHUTTLE BUS:
RED or YELLOW corral (1st & 2nd waves) runners who have their bib and don't have a bag to check-in
7:55am SHUTTLE BUS:
BLUE & GREEN corral participants (3rd & 4th waves) who have their bib and don't have a bag to check-in
8:00am-8:15am SHUTTLE BUS:
PURPLE & ORANGE corral and WALKERS (5th & 6th waves) are the ONLY people on these buses — must already have their bib and no bag to check
AFTER YOU FINISH Shuttle buses ONLY $5 back to Start area (7 blocks north of Eglinton & 1 block west of Yonge)!
Cost: $5 and you can add it to your entry when you register for the event!
Shuttle bus tickets will only be sold online before March 26, 2014 at midnight. After this date, payment will only be taken at race week packet pickup or on race day (cash only).Board Finish Shuttle Bus: Lakeshore Park/Marshalling Yard. South of Fleet St. between Fort York Blvd & Strachan Ave (click to enlarge map):
Location of Baggage Check on race day:
5 Large School Buses will be lined up north of Albertus Ave. on the west side of Yonge Street (across from the Running Room & Race Day Packet Pickup)
You will need to check your bag at the bus that corresponds to your bib number (check the large signs in front of the buses to figure out which one is yours!).
Here are the rules for TYS10k baggage check:
You MUST use your Toronto Yonge Street 10k Race Kit Bag you receive at packet pickup as your Baggage Bag! ABSOLUTELY NO other bags will be accepted.
- If you pickup your packet on race day you will need to transfer any Baggage Check items to your newly acquired kit bag & check your kit bag like everyone else (we recommend picking up your packet at the expo if you are planning to check a bag on race day to avoid any problems).
- You will receive a sticker in your bib envelope that corresponds to your bib number. You will need to affix the sticker to your bag in the box marked “AFFIX BAGGAGE STICKER HERE”:
- We strongly recommend that you leave your valuables at home! The Toronto Yonge Street 10k is not responsible for lost or stolen property, including any and all property checked at the baggage check-in.
- Donate what you can to the Canada Running Series Foundation! There will be donation bins at the baggage check buses for any participants who would like to donate money to the Canada Running Series Foundation and help give back to the communities we run through, promote healthy lifestyles through running — especially in the young.
Start line location: on Yonge St at Castlefield Ave
- Please make sure to arrive early and get organized.
- Participants will be assigned to coloured corrals based on their expected finishing time.
- There will be coloured flags at the start line to indicate the entrance to each corral. Proceed to the flag that corresponds to the coloured stripe on your bib.
- ALL PARTICIPANTS must be in their corrals by 9:00am.
- You will only be allowed to enter the corral that corresponds to the stripe on your bib, with the exception of the purple corral which is open to everyone.
- The orange corral is for participants who will be walking 100% of the course.
- Waves will start 5 minutes apart to maximize the amount of space participants have at the start, on course and at the finish line.
- There will be volunteers holding a rope between each corral. The volunteers will guide each corral forward to the start line, the rope holders will move out of the way and you will be signaled to start.
- Competitive Age Category Runners: Awards will be based on Chip Time.
- If a corral change is required, send an email to before March 24, 2014 or visit the HELP DESK at packet pickup or on race day.
**Corral times subject to change**
|< 49 minutes|
Canada's EASIEST and one of the fastest downhill 10k's, the course runs right down the middle of Canada's most famous street—Yonge Street!
Whether you are a novice looking for the easiest course around to complete your first 10k, or a seasoned veteran setting that new PB, this is the event for you! Sign up today and join 7,000 fitness enthusiasts in the dash down Yonge Street.
Course details: The start line is at Yonge St. & Castlefield Ave. From there, the course heads south on Yonge Street all the way to Richmond Street. It then turns west on Richmond St. W, south on Peter St./Blue Jays Way past “Gretzky's” to Front St. The course then goes west along Front St., south on Bathurst St., and west on Fort York Blvd. to the finish line!
After the finishers chute you'll continue on to the party site located at Garrison Commons Park!
For the safety of all participants, baby carriers, skateboards, roller blades, animals and unauthorized bicycles and wheeled devices are not permitted in any of the Canada Running Series races. You will NOT be permitted to start the race.
Nordic Pole participants are welcome; please click here for more info.
Baby Strollers are welcome; please click here for more info.
Fitness Walkers are welcome; please click here for more info.
If you are visually impaired and would like to be matched with a guide runner, please contact Achilles Canada at www.achillescanada.ca.
The time limit to complete the 10k course is 1 hour 40 minutes. If you are still on the course after this time you will be asked to move to the sidewalk and become an informed pedestrian.
The finish line will be located on Fort York Blvd, west of Bathurst St.
Spectator viewing will be available on the north side of Fort York Blvd, please follow directional signage for spectator access to the post-race area. In order to decrease congestion for the participants in the finish area, we encourage you to make arrangements to meet your runner(s) at the Friends & Family Meeting Zone located in the post-race area.
Friends & Family Meeting Zone — Pick a letter to meet at based on the following flag breakdown:
A-B C-D E-H I-L M-N O-R S-T U-Z
Stay tuned for information on our 2014 post-race entertainment
Water & Gatorade will be available at the following locations:
- Start Line Area
- On-course (4k & 7k)
- Finish Line
- Party Site
Will be located at the start and finish areas, and at the on-course water stations.
Members of the Canadian Ski Patrol System will be on course and will be located at the finish line medical tent to provide first responder support.
City of Toronto EMS will have a dedicated unit on the course and at the finish line.
Entertainment and Cheering Centres
Whether you are participating in the race or looking for a great spot to cheer on your loved ones, we have SEVEN Entertainment Centres on the course culminating in a great Post-run party! These Entertainment and Cheering Centres are located from start to finish. Details here »