The 2014 TYS10k Digital Champions are a group of diverse, dedicated and enthusiastic athletes; each with a unique story and running history. Follow their journeys, their ups and downs, motivations and challenges, as they train for Toronto's Premier Spring Road Race! read more
Toronto Yonge Street 10K is happy to once again partner with Running Room, the OFFICIAL CLINIC PARTNER of TYS10k!
"Official TYS10K Training Clinics" announced, to begin February 11 and shortly after at 25+ RUNNING ROOM locations across Ontario!
From Ottawa to Kingston, St.Catharines to London to Barrie, thousands will be signing up for a world-famous Running Room Clinic, and crossing the Finish line on April 13 with a BIG smile!
“We're delighted to be able to grow our partnership with Canada Running Series as Official Clinic Partner of the Toronto Yonge Street 10K. We're looking forward to extending some of the great success Running Room has had with Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon into the Spring. Please join me in one of Canada's biggest and best 10Ks on April 13.”
— John Stanton, Founder of the Running Room
“We're absolutely thrilled with this new partnership,” said CRS Race Director Alan Brookes. “We have had such a great partnership with Running Room over the last 5 years at Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon & Half, it is just tremendous that we are able to work together over the Spring season. It's a natural. Both teams are passionately committed to promoting running and fitness for everyone in Canada. The 10K distance is a GREAT starting point for new runners; together, we look forward to bringing thousands more 'newbies' to the Start Line, and with the world famous Running Room Clinics supporting them, we know there will be many more smiling faces at the Finish Line!”
- Week 1 — Feb. 2
- Week 2 — Feb. 9
- Week 3 — Feb. 16
- Week 4 — Feb. 23
- Week 5 — Mar. 2
- Week 6 — Mar. 9
- Week 7 — Mar. 16
- Week 8 — Mar. 23
- Week 9 — Mar. 30
- Week 10 — Apr. 6
- Week 11 — Apr. 13
Join us for an easy training run — a variety of paces offered — to meet old friends, make new ones, ask questions, get helpful tips, advice and MOTIVATION to make your TYS10K experience the best-ever.
Join Eric Gillis and other Speed River TFC stars at the Toronto Yonge Street 10k Tune-Up Training Run.
Attending from Speed River TFC:
- Eric Gillis: 2-time Olympian and last year's TYS10k runner-up!
- Chris Dulhnaty: Ontario 3000 Metre Steeplechase Champion
- Genevieve Lalonde: 2008 Canadian World Junior Team, 2007 Canadian Junior Pan-Am Team, Canadian Junior Record-holder (2000m S/C) and 2011 CIS Cross-country Champion
- Madeline Yungblut: Ontario Junior Record Holder over 5000 metres, CIS Rookie of The Year in 2013 and Canadian Junior Champion over 3000 metres.
- Ross Proudfoot: 2011 Canadian Pan-Am Junior Championship Team (1500m), 2010 Canadian World Junior Championship Team (5000m) and Multiple CIS medalist (1500m & 3000m)
- Yves Sikubwabo: 2012 CIS 4x800 Champion. Event(s) & Personal Bests: 800m 1:49.40, 1000m 2:22.68 and 1500m 3:48.29
- Aaron Hendrikx: CIS Cross Country Championships, finished third at Canadian Senior Cross Country Championships this fall, and bronze medalist in the 5000 metres at last year's Canadian Championships
- Carise Thompson: 2011 Canadian World Junior Championship Team (5000m). Event(s) & Personal Bests: 3000m 9:32.93 and 5000m 16:31.38
- Heather Petrick: CIS Rookie Of The Year in 2014 and won the Canadian Junior Cross Country Championships
- Matt Jurysta — Has run the equivalent of a 3:57 mile!
- Location: Yonge Street Running Room — 2629 Yonge St, Toronto
- Date: Sunday, March 23, 2014
- Distances: 9k & 10k
- 9k Route Map: click here
- 10k Route Map: click here
- 8:00–8:30am — Running Room staff open store — runners & walkers welcome
- 8:20am — Intro & brief talk …with a brief welcome by the Toronto Yonge Street 10k (Canada Running Series) staff
- 8:30am — Group Runs & Walks
- After run & walk — come back into the Running Room for water & Gatorade
Responsibility of Runners
- know the distance you should go that day
- have your own watch if planning to keep track of run time
- carry fluid (if fountains are along a planned route, it will be noted with route info but for any run over 40 minutes, bring your own fluid)
Pacing… we follow schedules that have graduated long run distances but for pacing we recommend you use a GPS watch, a heart rate monitor where you keep to 70-75% of your max, or the old 'talk test' method where you run at a pace that allows you to speak in a conversational way (not a broken up speech pattern)... the fitter you are, the faster you can go and speak in a conversational way.
* = required input
When: 9:00am Saturday April 12, 2014
Where: Meet at the Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel (123 Queen Street), outside of the TYS expo, in the Hall E & F Foyer
Details: Free refreshments and breakfast sandwiches to follow the run. FREE. Easy, inspirational jog with runners from across the province and country. Open to everyone!
Route: click here for map
* = required input