Toronto Yonge Street 10K is happy to once again partner with Running Room, the OFFICIAL CLINIC PARTNER of TYS10k!
"Official TYS10K Training Clinics" announced, to begin February 5 and shortly after at 25+ RUNNING ROOM locations across Ontario!
Thousands will be signing up for a world-famous Running Room Clinic, and crossing the Finish line on April 19 with a BIG smile!
“We're delighted to be able to grow our partnership with Canada Running Series as Official Clinic Partner of the Toronto Yonge Street 10K. We're looking forward to extending some of the great success Running Room has had with Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon into the Spring. Please join me in one of Canada's biggest and best 10Ks on April 19.”
— John Stanton, Founder of the Running Room
“We're absolutely thrilled with this partnership,” said CRS Race Director Alan Brookes. “We have had such a great partnership with Running Room over the last 6 years at Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon & Half, it is just tremendous that we are able to work together over the Spring season. It's a natural. Both teams are passionately committed to promoting running and fitness for everyone in Canada. The 10K distance is a GREAT starting point for new runners; together, we look forward to bringing thousands more 'newbies' to the Start Line, and with the world famous Running Room Clinics supporting them, we know there will be many more smiling faces at the Finish Line!”
- Week 1 — Feb. 1
- Week 2 — Feb. 8
- Week 3 — Feb. 15
- Week 4 — Feb. 22
- Week 5 — Mar. 1
- Week 6 — Mar. 8
- Week 7 — Mar. 15
- Week 8 — Mar. 22
- Week 9 — Mar. 29
- Week 10 — Apr. 5
- Week 11 — Apr. 12
TUNE-UP Training Runs
Join us for an easy training run — a variety of paces offered — to meet old friends, make new ones, ask questions, get helpful tips, advice and MOTIVATION to make your TYS10K experience the best-ever.
The TUNE UP Training Run is FREE, but you MUST SIGN UP to guarantee a place.
- Date: Sunday, March 22, 2015
- Location: Yonge Street Running Room — 2629 Yonge St, Toronto
- Distances: 10k
- Route Map: coming soon
- Run with special guests from Speed River Track and Field Club: Eric Gillis, Alex Genest, Aaron Hendrikx, Carise Thompson, Heather Petrick, Chris Dulhanty, Katelyn Ayers, and Genevieve Lalonde
- 8:00–8:30am — Running Room staff open store — runners & walkers welcome
- 8:20am — Intro & brief talk …with a brief welcome by the Toronto Yonge Street 10k (Canada Running Series) staff
- 8:30am — Group Runs & Walks
- After run & walk — come back into the Running Room for water & Gatorade
**New for this year — Beer Run!
Join us at Amsterdam BrewHouse for a 5k, then hang out with your fellow runners while enjoying some food and beer! So come out for a great run, some great beer, but most of all come for the great company! Registration for this event has now closed. Thanks to all who signed-up and we'll see you on April 9!
- Date: Thursday, April 9, 2015
- Time: 6pm
- Location: Amsterdam BrewHouse — 245 Queens Quay West, Toronto
- Distance: 5k
- Run with special guests from Speed River Track and Field Club: Jacob Smith, Ross Proudfoot, Madeline Yungblut and Andrew Nixon
Responsibility of Runners
- know the distance you should go that day
- have your own watch if planning to keep track of run time
- carry fluid (if fountains are along a planned route, it will be noted with route info but for any run over 40 minutes, bring your own fluid)
Pacing… we follow schedules that have graduated long run distances but for pacing we recommend you use a GPS watch, a heart rate monitor where you keep to 70-75% of your max, or the old 'talk test' method where you run at a pace that allows you to speak in a conversational way (not a broken up speech pattern)... the fitter you are, the faster you can go and speak in a conversational way.
Confirming Attendance at Training Runs
* = required input
When: 9:00am Saturday April 18, 2015
Where: Meet at the Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel (123 Queen Street), outside of the TYS expo, in the Hall E & F Foyer
Details: Free refreshments and breakfast sandwiches to follow the run. FREE. Easy, inspirational jog with runners from across the province and country. Open to everyone! Please sign-up below.
Route: click here for map
Sign-Up for Friendship Run
* = required input
Downloadable Digital Badge
Download your free TYS10K Training Badge and let everyone know that you're getting ready for the Toronto Yonge Street 10K!